Thursday, November 21, 2013

Things I'm loving....



This week in our house we have been reminding each other to be thankful,
because frankly we were all feeling more like complaining to be honest.
So I thought I would join Things I'm loving (by Megan)...


I'm loving Superhero costumes
and a big boy who finds a vintage floral sheet and decides it's perfect
for his dress-up crazy day costume for school.


I'm loving rainy days and being able to snuggle my poorly girl on the sofa.


I'm loving listening to this over and over,
it's so peaceful. Whoever would think of slowing down the sound of crickets??
or that it would be so beautiful.


I'm loving fairy lights in all their forms,
and planning to stock up for all year round use.



I'm loving making Christmas presents,
and thankful for having a sewing machine and skills to make something lovely
out of not much really.



I'm loving Spotlight $40 off vouchers, 
and kind friends who gave us theirs so we could buy new curtains
to replace the ones which went mouldy.


I'm loving simple meals, and washing drying in the sunshine.



I'm loving discovering that we are stronger than we think we are,
and pondering making more super hero capes for this.



I'm thankful for an interesting project for my summer school
and a couple of dresses which look respectable enough in the workplace.



Most of all, I'm thankful that it's Friday
and I have some space to get the house tidy while Annie lies on the sofa.
I'm glad this week is nearly over and we are one week closer to going home,
what ever state it might end up being!!!

10 comments:

Birdie said...

It is all these small things added up that make life so good.

Miriam said...

great photos lovely x

Meghan M said...

I love your superheroes and their cool capes - they are just so delightful and they look so natural saving the world in the garden! Great to have you linking in this week xx

smilie said...

Kids just love a good vintage inspired super hero cape in my experience.

Lily Boot said...

gorgeous gorgeous photos Deb! Roo is such a love :-) Have a wonderful weekend - may it be filled with sunshine and plenty of time for YOU!

Sammy said...

What a lovely post Deb. Just warmed my soul, thank you xxx I am so with you on the fairy light thing- I adore fairy lights! Love to you, sweet lady xxx

Sally said...

Brilliant super hero costumes. Love love LOVE!

realruth said...

I love fairy lights too.

Nin said...

Good reminders to take it one day at a time. Your kids are super-awesome!

Kat McNally said...

Hello Deb!
How are you travelling? Can you believe we're on the cusp of December?
I thought you might like to know that I am hosting Reverb again this year. It'd be a privilege to have you join us.
Everything you need to know can be found at: http://www.katmcnally.com/p/reverb13.html
We kick off on Sunday and it is going to be AMAZING. Hope to see you there!
Kat xxx
PS Your little superheros are killing me! They are the cutest!!